Two Admit Antisemitic Hate Crime After Filming Abuse on TikTok

ArchivedSources Agree
  • May 9, 2026 at 7:41 AM ET
  • Est. Read: 2 Mins
Two Admit Antisemitic Hate Crime After Filming Abuse on TikTokAI-generated illustration — does not depict real events
Listen to This SummaryAI-generated audio

Key Takeaways

Two men pleaded guilty to a religiously aggravated public order offence after filming themselves abusing a Jewish man on TikTok in London's Stamford Hill area. They traveled to Hackney, verbally abused the victim, and filmed the encounter for social media. The Metropolitan Police described it as a deliberate antisemitic attack.

Two men admitted an antisemitic hate crime after filming themselves abusing a Jewish man on TikTok in London's predominantly Jewish area of Stamford Hill. Adam Bedoui, 20, and Abdelkader Bousloub, 21, both from Hillingdon, northwest London, pleaded guilty to a religiously aggravated public order offence at Thames Magistrates' Court on Saturday.

The pair traveled to Hackney in east London on Thursday. They approached a Jewish man on Clapton Common in Stamford Hill, verbally abused him and filmed the encounter for TikTok. Metropolitan Police officers were called to reports of a hate crime involving a group of men allegedly harassing members of the Jewish community at around 9pm, arresting five men.

Detective Superintendent Oliver Richter, who leads policing in Hackney and Tower Hamlets for the Met Police, described it as a 'deliberate and targeted antisemitic attack,' aggravated by the pair's intention to post the incident on social media to spread hatred. He emphasized that such behavior is 'completely unacceptable and has no place in London.'

The Metropolitan Police said five men were arrested after officers responded to reports of a hate crime around 9pm on Thursday. The force has announced plans for a new dedicated Community Protection Team of 100 extra officers to protect Jewish communities across London following recent attacks, including an arson attack on Jewish ambulances in Golders Green and the stabbing of two Jewish men.

The incident comes amid rising concerns about antisemitism in the UK. The number of antisemitic hate crimes recorded by the Met rose sharply last month, with 140 offences logged in April compared to 98 in March. Community Security Trust, a charity protecting British Jews from antisemitism, said it was investigating the Stamford Hill incident.

Huw Rogers, the chief crown prosecutor for CPS Direct, emphasized that as legal proceedings were active and the men had the right to a fair trial, 'it is vital that there should be no reporting, commentary or sharing of information online which could in any way prejudice these proceedings.' Det Supt Oliver Richter stated: 'Our investigation continues but two men have been charged and will appear in court for their alleged part in this incident. We will not tolerate any form of hate crime against our communities.'

How this summary was created

This summary synthesizes reporting from 11 independent publishers using AI. All sources are cited and linked below. NewsBalance is a news aggregator and media literacy tool, not a news publisher. AI-generated content may contain errors or inaccuracies — always verify important information with the original sources.

Read our full methodology →

Read the original reporting ↓