Pentagon Releases UFO Sightings Reports

Sources Agree
  • May 22, 2026 at 7:14 PM ET
  • Est. Read: 2 Mins
Pentagon Releases UFO Sightings ReportsAI-generated illustration — does not depict real events

Key Takeaways

The Pentagon released additional UFO files on Friday, including documents and videos spanning 80 years of reported sightings. Witnesses described seeing green orbs, discs, and fireballs dating back to 1948, with a senior U.S. intelligence officer reporting 'countless orange orbs swarming in all directions' last year.

  • Pentagon releases scores of UFO files including documents, audio recordings, and videos
  • Witnesses describe sightings of green orbs, discs, and fireballs dating back to 1948
  • Senior U.S. intelligence officer reports seeing 'countless orange orbs swarming' in 2025
  • Files include a half dozen documents, audio recordings, and 51 videos of unidentified flying objects
  • President Trump ordered the release of the files earlier this year

The Pentagon released additional UFO files on Friday, including documents and videos spanning 80 years of reported sightings. According to BBC, witnesses described seeing 'green orbs, discs and fireballs' dating as far back as 1948. More recently, a senior U.S. intelligence officer said he saw 'countless orange orbs swarming in all directions' last year, rendering him 'speechless'. The files include a half dozen documents, audio recordings, and 51 videos.

As reported by The Guardian, the release features first-hand testimony from civilians and military members. One video from the Middle East in 2019 captures three UAP flying in formation over the Persian Gulf. Another video from 2022 shows a formation of four unidentified objects flying past vessels on the water off Iran. The Pentagon notes that many of these materials lack a substantiated chain-of-custody.

HuffPost highlights a report by a senior U.S. intelligence officer who described witnessing multiple glowing orbs flying around an undisclosed U.S. military facility last year. The orbs 'split into two,' approached within ten feet of the helicopter, and vanished and reappeared in different locations. The officer reported that the orbs were 'super-hot,' low to the ground, and moving at high speed.

The files do not draw any definitive conclusions about the existence of extraterrestrial life or provide any evidence of alien technology. U.S. officials have said that people can decide for themselves. According to BBC, President Trump stated that 'with these new Documents and Videos, the people can decide for themselves.' The Pentagon said additional files will be released on a rolling basis.

How this summary was created

This summary synthesizes reporting from 3 independent publishers using AI. All sources are cited and linked below. NewsBalance is a news aggregator and media literacy tool, not a news publisher. AI-generated content may contain errors or inaccuracies — always verify important information with the original sources.

Read our full methodology →

Read the original reporting ↓